94% of volunteers have made new friends
Prepare her for a lifetime of leadership, and be the mentor she needs.
As a volunteer, you’ll introduce girls to new experiences that show them they’re capable of more than they ever imagined. They’ll each find their inner G.I.R.L. (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-Taker, Leader)™ after all!
You’ll be their cheerleader, guide, and mentor, helping them develop essential life skills and confidence that will last a lifetime. Imagine the excitement, the impact, the memories made—those are the moments you’ll share at Girl Scouts.
Embark on an extraordinary journey of leadership!
Benefits to volunteering with Girl Scouts
Data shows it is not just girls who benefit from participating in Girl Scouts:
88% believe their life is better because they volunteer with Girl Scouts
2/3 of volunteers believe their experience has helped them professionally
95% of Girl Scout volunteers are happy knowing they are making girls' lives better
You won't have to do it alone
Not only will you have a co-leader to work with, you will have an incredible network of skilled and talented volunteers who will guide you on your Girl Scout journey, from local service unit team members to staff members who have been trained to help you get the most out of Girl Scouting.
You can choose your own schedule
Working with your co-leader, you will be able to plan your Girl Scout time around your schedules, and determine when, where and how often your troop will meet.
We are with you all the way
We're going to give you what you need to ensure that your experience is positive right from the very start. This includes access to training, mentor support and resources such as the Volunteer Toolkit, a web app that gives you the tools to get your year started-and keep it going smoothly! Fully customizable, you can use it on your computer, tablet or other mobile device so you can plan and prepare practically anywhere.
Volunteer in three easy steps:
- Click "Volunteer Today" button and and provide us with your basic information. Then you'll be taken to the Opportunity Catalog, where you can search for an available volunteer role. (If you want to register as a member AND you are registering a girl, click here click here)
- Want to find volunteer opportunities near you? Type in your zip code to find volunteer opportunities in your area.
- Want to volunteer with a specific troop? Type in the troop number to find volunteer opportunities for that troop. (Hint: Make sure to include the word "troop" when typing in a troop number.)
- Just want to be an adult member? Fill out your basic information, just choose the option, "I just want to be a member. Maybe I'll volunteer another time."
- Complete the process by purchasing a Girl Scouts of the USA membership for yourself.
- Complete the appropriate training for your desired position.
If you have any questions, aren't sure what you're looking for, or need help, please call us at 888-922-4763!