The Girl Scout Leadership Experience engages girls in discovering self, connecting with others, and taking action to make the world a better place. All Girl Scout experiences are intentionally designed to tie to one or more of the 15 national leadership outcomes
, or benefits, categorized under three keys to leadership.
The Three Keys to Leadership
- Discover: Girls understand themselves and their values and use their knowledge and skills to explore the world.
- Connect: Girls care about, inspire, and team with others locally and globally.
- Take Action: Girls act to make the world a better place.
The Girl Scout Leadership Experience provides three processes for adults partnering with girls to incorporate: Girl Led, Cooperative Learning, and Learning by Doing!
From the very beginning, Girl Scouts has been about developing girls' leadership.
Now we're doing it better than ever with national, outcomes-based program activities that give girls the specific knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values that will make them leaders in their own lives and in their communities.
The New Girl Scout Leadership Experience features Journeys in which girls:
- Gain a global and multicultural perspective
- Learn about the history of Girl Scouting and its traditions
- Embrace the values expressed in the Girl Scout Law
- Become environmentally aware and develop attitudes and self- understanding that promote healthy living