Activity Objective: Girls carry out their action plan.
Toward Leadership Outcomes:
Through this activity, girls will:
- Promote cooperation and team building—Girls can build effective teams, learn to be accountable for their shared goals, and show recognition for others’ accomplishments and contributions. (Connect)
- Feel connected to their communities—Girls feel that they are part of a larger community and recognize the importance of building diverse, supportive, social networks for their personal and leadership development. (Connect)
- Be resourceful problem solvers—Girls can use their knowledge and skills to set up and implement creative and effective “action plans,” locate tools and resources they need, and know when, where, and how to enlist help from others. (Take Action)
- 2 min. Introduction (Talking Points)
- 45 min. Here We Go!
- 10 min. Reflection/Discussion
- Read over the entire activity before meeting with girls.
» Introduction (Talking Points) (2 minutes)
- Say something like this: “Let’s go! Together, we can make a change!”
» Here We Go! (45 minutes)
- Girls are organizing and planning their Take Action project. As much as possible, stand back and let girls do their thing!
» Reflection/Discussion (10 minutes)
- “How are you doing? Are there any problems? How can you solve them?”
- “Are you on schedule? Do you need to revisit your timeline?”
- “How are you doing working together as a group?”