Girl Scouts of Maine Future Leaders Scholarship
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP, YOU MUST:
- Be a senior graduating in spring 2018
- Be a currently registered Girl Scout
- Have applied to an institution of higher learning
Up to $10,000 will be available for scholarship awards. ***
1. In a video (you can use your smart phone!), give us the following information about yourself:
- Name, age, town, name of highschool, or if you are home schooled.
- Name of institution of higher education you plan to attend in the fall of 2018.
- Tell us if you have been accepted bythis school, or if you are waiting to hear.
- Please answer the following questions.Please keep your entire video to five minutes. The thoroughness of your answers and quality of your presentation will be important factors in our decision.
- How has Girl Scouts made a difference in your life?
- What do you see as the biggest challenge facing girls and women today?
- In five years, how do you see yourself addressing that change?
2. Submit video application by May 14.
Here is how:
- Upload your video to Dropbox, WeTransfer, or Google Docs, and send the link for downloading to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please do not try to email the video – it will NOT go through.) If you need help, contact us at 888-922-4763.
3. If you are awarded a scholarship, youare required to attend “Passion to Action” in Portland on June 15 at USM’s Hannaford Hall. (See invitation).
4. In applying for this scholarship, you give permission for the GSME Future Leaders Scholarship Committee to seek additional information in consideration of this application. You also agree to have the application information used in publicity. If you do not attend an institution of higher education by January 1, 2019, you will be required to return the funds to Girl Scouts of Maine.
*** Girl Scouts of Maine reserves the right to decide the number, the dollar amount and the recipients of these scholarships at its discretion.